San Diego, California invites you to have a great time in its beautiful beaches or simply have fun enjoying the many exciting attractions the city has to offer. Indulge your palate in seafood and other gastronomic delights in the city or just hang out at the harbor where you can enjoy the view. The best option in visiting the city is through San Diego Lindbergh field (SAN) but the place is also accessible via boat and major US highways. Budget-friendly hotel accommodations are also easy to find.
Best Time to Visit
Beaches are less crowded during December to February – and this really is the best time to visit, especially because whale-watching season is also from mid-December to mid-March. Expect great San Diego, CA hotels deals off season, while you might find many hotels fully booked from June to August or during the high traffic season.
Map of San Diego, California Hotels
View all San Diego, California hotels, motels, lodging and attractions on San Diego, California location map.
Closest airports to San Diego, California
Find which airports to fly into and book San Diego airport hotels.
- Carlsbad, CA, United States (CLD-McClellan-Palomar)
- El Cajon, CA, United States (CJN-Gillespie Field)
- Oceanside, CA, United States (OCN)
- San Diego, CA, United States (MYF-Montgomery Field)
- San Diego, CA, United States (SAN-San Diego Intl.)
- San Diego, CA, United States (SDM-Brown Field Municipal)
- Tijuana, Baja California Norte, Mexico (TIJ-General Abelardo L. Rodriguez Intl.)
Fun things to do in San Diego Area
Top tourist attractions and popular landmarks in San Diego.
Explore unique neighborhoods around San Diego, California
Venture off the beaten path around San Diego to explore hipster, arts, dining and shopping districts.
San Diego Surrounding cities
Best suburbs, counties and towns near San Diego, California.