Nanaimo Airport – YCD Nanaimo
Situated southeast of Nanaimo, Canada, Nanaimo Airport is a public airport serving the city of Nanaimo and is operated by Nanaimo Airport Commission. Its air terminal was named after Raymond Collishaw, an ace during the First World War who was born in Nanaimo. The airport provides air service to Calgary and Vancouver through Air Canada Express and WestJet Encore. Four other airlines are operating in the airport and serving scheduled air service to other destinations in Canada.
Best Time to Visit
Nanaimo Airport has only one runway and an air terminal that serves as the passenger terminal. Cafes and vending machines are both available in the Departures lounge and main terminal. Play area for kids can also be found in the Departures lounge. Automated Teller Machines can be found in both areas while the gift shops are located only in the main terminal. YCD Nanaimo is the airport of choice for passengers in Nanaimo going to Vancouver.
What to Do & Area Attractions
Kiwi Cove Lodge is an accommodation 8 minutes away from Nanaimo Airport. The place offers spacious rooms with views of the ocean. Vegetarian, Gluten-free, American Breakfast is served to guests daily. Some rooms in Kiwi Cove Lodge has a patio with amazing views of the mountains. The property is also just a few steps away from popular landmarks in the area. Another great YCD Nanaimo hotels and accommodations are the Days Inn by Wyndham Nanaimo and the Coast Bastion Hotel.
Vancouver International Airportis another airport in British Columbia serving domestic and international flights.
On this page it is easy to search for Nanaimo, BC, Canada airport hotels, we have listed hotels, airport motels,
resorts, inns in order of proximity, closest airport lodging options are listed first. Nanaimo, BC, Canada (YCD) airport
area map also gives you guidance on the distance of these hotels from the YCD airport.
Most of these YCD
hotels are designed to serve frequent travelers. If you are on business trip or family vacation or if your flight is delayed
and you need an overnight stay near the airport. Some of these Nanaimo, BC, Canada
motels have passenger pick up or free airport shuttle service which you can take advantage of.
Some of the main attractions in the area around the YCD airport are Meadow Gardens Golf Course, Boundary Bay Regional Park, and Marine Building.
Map of Nanaimo, BC, Canada Hotels
View all Nanaimo, BC, Canada (YCD) hotels, motels, lodging and attractions on Nanaimo, BC, Canada (YCD) location map.
Weather Forecast for Nanaimo, BC, Canada (YCD)
If you planning to travel to Nanaimo, BC, Canada (YCD), here is your 6-day travel weather forecast to make sure you have all the essentials needed during your stay.
Start your day when the sunrises at 2:38 PM.
The temperature feels like 57.45 with a humidity level of 91 so dress accordingly.
Cloud coverage is 78 percent with visibility at 12.6 percent.
Today’s UV index is 3, don’t forget the sunscreen if you need it!
Today’s winds are traveling east at a speed of 8 MPH. At the end of the day don’t miss the sunset at 1:23 AM.
Fahrenheit / Celsius
What are the most common amenities for Nanaimo, BC, Canada YCD airport hotels?
Airport hotels have useful amenities for frequent travelers like free YCD airport shuttle service, 24 hour in-room dinning,
late check-in and check-out and free breakfast. For business traveler amenities like
free wifi and meeting rooms are helpful. Most common amenities are Vending Machines, Complimentary Breakfast
and Complimentary Breakfast.
Closest airports to Nanaimo, BC, Canada (YCD)
Find which airports to fly into and book Nanaimo, BC, Canada airport hotels.
- Abbotsford, BC, Canada (YXX-Abbotsford Intl.)
- Bedwell Harbour, BC, Canada (YBW-Bedwell Harbour Seaplane Base)
- Bellingham, WA, United States (BLI-Bellingham Intl.)
- Blaine, WA, United States (BWS-Blaine Municipal)
- Blakely Island, WA, United States (BYW)
- Chilliwack, BC, Canada (YCW)
- Deer Harbor, WA, United States (DHB-Deer Harbor Seaplane Base)
- Eastsound, WA, United States (ESD-Orcas Island)
- Gabriola Island, BC, Canada (SYF-Silva Bay Seaplane Base)
- Galiano Island, BC, Canada (YMF-Montague Harbour Seaplane Base)
- Ganges, BC, Canada (YGG-Ganges Harbor)
- Langley, BC, Canada (YLY-Langley Regional)
- Mayne Island, BC, Canada (YAV-Miners Bay Seaplane Base)
- Nanaimo, BC, Canada (YCD)
- Nanaimo, BC, Canada (ZNA-Nanaimo Harbour Water Aerodrome)
- Roche Harbor, WA, United States (RCE)
- Rosario, WA, United States (RSJ-Rosario Seaplane Base)
- Saturna Island, BC, Canada (YAJ-Lyall Harbour Seaplane Base)
- Sechelt, BC, Canada (YHS-Sechelt - Gibsons)
- Stuart Island, WA, United States (SSW)
- Vancouver, BC, Canada (CXH-Harbour Water)
- Vancouver, BC, Canada (YDT-Boundary Bay)
- Vancouver, BC, Canada (YVR-Vancouver Intl.)
- Victoria, BC, Canada (YYJ-Victoria Intl.)
- Waldron Island, WA, United States (WDN)
- Westsound, WA, United States (WSX)
Fun things to do in Nanaimo, BC, Canada Area
Top tourist attractions and popular landmarks in Nanaimo, BC, Canada.
Explore unique neighborhoods around Nanaimo, BC, Canada (YCD)
Venture off the beaten path around Nanaimo, BC, Canada to explore hipster, arts, dining and shopping districts.
Nanaimo, BC, Canada Surrounding cities
Best suburbs, counties and towns near Nanaimo, BC, Canada (YCD).