Rosario Seaplane Base – RSJ Rosario
Rosario Seaplane Base is a public seaplane that is set next to Rosario on the island of Orcas in Washington. Seaplanes are powered aircraft that is capable of taking off and landing in the water. The Rosario Resort owns the seaplane. There is only one airline operating in the seaplane base, the Kenmore Air that is based in Seattle.
Best Time to Visit
The seaplane base has two seaplane landing areas. There is an average of 208 monthly aircraft operations in Rosario Seaplane Base as last recorded in 2009. 84% of it is mainly air tax while the rest is general aviation. Passengers from nearby cities like Vancouverand Lions Bayusually use RSJ Rosario during trips and other domestic flights.
What to Do & Area Attractions
Since Rosario Seaplane Base is located just near the Rosario community, there is a quite number of RSJ Rosario hotels that you can choose from. Rosario Resort and Spais situated just a few steps from the Rosario Seaplane Base, it is the perfect place for travelers who don’t want to go far from the base. The place has both indoor and outdoor pools and has an oceanfront. A spa and wellness center with massage services will help guests to relax. There is an on-site restaurant where guests can enjoy some meals. A hot tub and sauna can also add to the guests’ relaxation. Another place to stay in is the Outlook Inn on Orcas Islandthat is located less than 4 miles from the airport. This beautiful place features daily breakfast. There are also a handful of attraction sites to visit in the area like the Cascade Lake and the famous Moran State Park.
Waldronaire Airport is another airport that serves Washington. The Westsound Seaplane Baseis also another seaplane base in the state.
On this page it is easy to search for Rosario, WA airport hotels, we have listed hotels, airport motels,
resorts, inns in order of proximity, closest airport lodging options are listed first. Rosario, WA, United States (RSJ-Rosario Seaplane Base) airport
area map also gives you guidance on the distance of these hotels from the RSJ airport.
Most of these RSJ
hotels are designed to serve frequent travelers. If you are on business trip or family vacation or if your flight is delayed
and you need an overnight stay near the airport. Some of these Rosario, WA
motels have passenger pick up or free airport shuttle service which you can take advantage of.
Some of the main attractions in the area around the RSJ airport are Meadow Gardens Golf Course, Boundary Bay Regional Park, and Marine Building.
Map of Rosario, WA Hotels
View all Rosario, WA, United States (RSJ-Rosario Seaplane Base) hotels, motels, lodging and attractions on Rosario, WA, United States (RSJ-Rosario Seaplane Base) location map.
Weather Forecast for Rosario, WA, United States (RSJ-Rosario Seaplane Base)
If you planning to travel to Rosario, WA, United States (RSJ-Rosario Seaplane Base), here is your 6-day travel weather forecast to make sure you have all the essentials needed during your stay.
Start your day when the sunrises at 2:32 PM.
The temperature feels like 50.349999999999994 with a humidity level of 99 so dress accordingly.
Cloud coverage is 100 percent with visibility at 2.1 percent.
Today’s UV index is 1, don’t forget the sunscreen if you need it!
Today’s winds are traveling south at a speed of 16 MPH. At the end of the day don’t miss the sunset at 1:22 AM.
Fahrenheit / Celsius
What are the most common amenities for Rosario, WA RSJ airport hotels?
Airport hotels have useful amenities for frequent travelers like free RSJ airport shuttle service, 24 hour in-room dinning,
late check-in and check-out and free breakfast. For business traveler amenities like
free wifi and meeting rooms are helpful. Most common amenities are Vending Machines, Complimentary Breakfast
and Complimentary Breakfast.
Closest airports to Rosario, WA, United States (RSJ-Rosario Seaplane Base)
Find which airports to fly into and book Rosario, WA airport hotels.
- Abbotsford, BC, Canada (YXX-Abbotsford Intl.)
- Bedwell Harbour, BC, Canada (YBW-Bedwell Harbour Seaplane Base)
- Bellingham, WA, United States (BLI-Bellingham Intl.)
- Blaine, WA, United States (BWS-Blaine Municipal)
- Blakely Island, WA, United States (BYW)
- Chilliwack, BC, Canada (YCW)
- Deer Harbor, WA, United States (DHB-Deer Harbor Seaplane Base)
- Eastsound, WA, United States (ESD-Orcas Island)
- Gabriola Island, BC, Canada (SYF-Silva Bay Seaplane Base)
- Galiano Island, BC, Canada (YMF-Montague Harbour Seaplane Base)
- Ganges, BC, Canada (YGG-Ganges Harbor)
- Langley, BC, Canada (YLY-Langley Regional)
- Mayne Island, BC, Canada (YAV-Miners Bay Seaplane Base)
- Nanaimo, BC, Canada (YCD)
- Nanaimo, BC, Canada (ZNA-Nanaimo Harbour Water Aerodrome)
- Roche Harbor, WA, United States (RCE)
- Rosario, WA, United States (RSJ-Rosario Seaplane Base)
- Saturna Island, BC, Canada (YAJ-Lyall Harbour Seaplane Base)
- Sechelt, BC, Canada (YHS-Sechelt - Gibsons)
- Stuart Island, WA, United States (SSW)
- Vancouver, BC, Canada (CXH-Harbour Water)
- Vancouver, BC, Canada (YDT-Boundary Bay)
- Vancouver, BC, Canada (YVR-Vancouver Intl.)
- Victoria, BC, Canada (YYJ-Victoria Intl.)
- Waldron Island, WA, United States (WDN)
- Westsound, WA, United States (WSX)
Fun things to do in Rosario, WA Area
Top tourist attractions and popular landmarks in Rosario, WA.
Explore unique neighborhoods around Rosario, WA (RSJ-Rosario Seaplane Base)
Venture off the beaten path around Rosario, WA to explore hipster, arts, dining and shopping districts.
Rosario, WA Surrounding cities
Best suburbs, counties and towns near Rosario, WA (RSJ-Rosario Seaplane Base).