Packing smarter is one thing you can do before you leave for vacation to set the stage for an unforgettable trip. While you don’t want to go without the essentials, apply the Marie Kondo touch to your packing process. If you’re wondering how to pack less for vacation, here are the tips you need to pare down the items that go with you on your trip.
How to Make Your Suitcase Lighter
When you approach packing as a process of planning, analyzing, and implementing, you’re more likely to have everything you need without over-packing. Using the Marie Kondo approach, you can impressively organize your suitcases with everything folded neatly and tucked away just so.
- Learning the art of folding will pay you back dividends when you see how much extra space you have in your suitcase. Fold your clothing compactly to take up less space and prevent wrinkles. Place each folded item into your suitcase standing on end, fitting them side-by-side. An added benefit is that you can see everything you’ve packed at a glance with this method.
- Organize your items in the suitcase to pack similar items together. Put your toiletries in a waterproof pouch, keep electronics together in one bag, and pack outfits together to simplify.
- Apply the same Marie Kondo mantra to your packing that you do when decluttering your home. Only those items you love should come along with you on vacation.
- Choose separates that coordinate easily so you can wear them more than once. For example, dress up a neutral blouse with a scarf and a skirt or dress it down with a pair of jeans. Dressing in layered separates gives you more wardrobe options without having to pack more items.
- Wear your bulkiest pair of shoes so you don’t have to pack them. Slip a pair of sandals into your suitcase if you need a second pair of shoes.
- Buy inexpensive items when you get to your destination to save space in your suitcase.
A little planning will help pare down your packing list. Then, some careful folding will be the key to a beautifully organized suitcase that you won’t mind carrying with you. Don’t forget to visit Reservations.com to book an unforgettable vacation today.
Reservations.com provides all travelers with personalized experiential travel planning and redefines the booking and travel planning experience for today’s travelers.