California’s wine country calls out to wine lovers during every season of the year. Even if you don’t consider yourself a tried-and-true wine lover, you can’t help but love the amazing scenery and the laid-back vibe of Sonoma County and Napa Valley in California. Of course, if you really want to experience distinctive wines, you owe it to yourself to take an unparalleled Italian wine country vacation or French wine country vacations. If you have wine wanderlust here are some ideas for all-inclusive Wine-Country vacations
French Wine Country Vacations
- Champagne – Champagne is a northern region in France that produces bubbly wines. Cellars in this region offer tours where visitors can explore underground tunnels and caves.
- Loire Valley – Also in the northern region of France, Loire Valley has vineyards situated near the Loire River. Crisp white wines are signature of Loire Valley, and a few sparkling wines come from the area. Vineyards and wineries keep regular hours for tours.
- Burgundy – Eastern France is home to the Burgundy region. Small vineyards produce wines in small batches from Pinot Noir grapes and Chardonnay grapes. Wineries in the region offer wine tastings, and museums and art galleries are also in the area.
- Bordeaux – France’s largest region, Bordeaux, is responsible for full-bodied red wines and a few sparkling wines, sweet whites, and dry whites. Finding winery tours and events in Bordeaux is not a difficult process.
Italian Wine Country Vacation Ideas
Italy is also home to distinctive wine regions, as well as rustic fishing villages, and even a few castles. About 20 wine regions cover the Italian countryside, but Veneto, Tuscany, and Piedmont are the three main ones. Touring Italy’s wine country promises to be unforgettable for wine lovers.
- Veneto – Situated in northeastern Italy, the Veneto region is responsible for red blends and a few white wines from Garganega grapes.
- Tuscany – The Tuscany region is on the northwestern coast of Italy, and this region boasts Sangiovese grapes used for Chianti.
- Piedmont – Piedmont is an inland region in extreme northwest Italy. Nebbiolo grapes that grow in Piedmont are high in tannins and acidity.
All-Inclusive Wine Country Vacations
Stay stateside and enjoy an all-inclusive wine country vacation in northern California. Both Napa Valley and Sonoma County are home to large numbers of wineries that welcome visitors for tours and tastings. Also in the area, you’ll find luxurious resorts, more modest hotels and many inns that have created all-inclusive packages for tourists. Packages include room accommodations and tours and tastings to nearby wineries. Many facilities also add in extras such as bottles of wine, meals, and transportation to and from the wineries.
Choose your pleasure and plan an unparalleled wine country vacation. Check Reservations.com to find discounts and deals for your vacation. Reservations.com provides all travelers with personalized experiential travel planning and redefines the booking and travel planning experience for today’s travelers.