Are you not a big fan of the cold weather during the winters? With the holidays approaching soon, and the festive season around the corner, how about a warm winter getaway? Store away your thick and heavy coats, pack your bags, go on a vacation and celebrate warm Christmas. Here are some of the best warm vacation spots in the U.S. for the winters:
1) Savannah, Georgia: Every year, the charming city of Savannah transforms into the perfect southern wonderland with decked out trolleys, boat parades, and little gingerbread towns. With a warm and pleasant temperature of about 63 degrees in December, Savannah is among the best winter sun destinations in the country. You can go on relaxing horse carriage rides on the cobbled streets or a riverside cruise for a wonderful evening out. Even just a stroll through the manicured and elegant gardens will make your day spectacular. The beach at Tybee Island is also easily reachable and a perfect place to spot dolphins.
2) Beaufort, South Carolina: A town with a big heart, Beaufort is in the center of the Lowcountry and is perfect for warm winter vacations. Beaufort is not only close to Savannah and Charleston, but also just a short drive away from the beaches of Hilton Head Island. It is situated at such a prime location that you can not only visit the larger cities nearby but also be a part of small-town Christmas celebrations down in the south. Enjoy warm weather with an average temperature of 60 degrees in the month of December.
3) New Orleans, Louisiana: There is absolutely nothing like the Christmas celebrations in the Big Easy. Experience an amazing jazz experience along with a warm winter. Get going on boat trips along the Mississippi, hop on a vintage streetcar ride and devour tasty Creole dishes. Visit Pat O’Brien’s or Carousel Bar for some late-night piano sessions. Enjoy a warm winter getaway in the beautiful city that is always full of life.
4) Honolulu, Hawaii: Honolulu is well known as one of the best winter sun destinations for many reasons, one of them being its famous fish tacos. Because it is surrounded by the sea, Santa chooses to come on a surfboard rather than a sleigh on the island of Oahu. With the Honolulu City Lights, the holiday celebrations are kicked off. Venture out on a hike to the top of Leahi if you want to witness the panoramic view over Waikiki and Honolulu. You can also use the telescopes at the Makappu Lighthouse if you want to spot whales in the sea. Indulge in snorkeling or go on a historical tour of Pearl Harbor for an amazing experience.
5) Laguna Beach, California: Situated on the Californian coast, the sunny and bright weather makes Laguna Beach an ideal warm winter getaway. The long coastal walks, the deep blue water of the Pacific, and the swaying palm trees offer a picturesque view. The pleasant weather is another reason for you to pack your bags and visit Laguna Beach this holiday season.
6) Santa Monica, California: The enjoyable Candle Night Walk leading to the Shopping Cart Tree at the Edgemar Courtyard is breathtakingly beautiful and the sidewalk sellers with their wares along the walk offer some great shopping deals. Experience a fun time along Montana Avenue with local band performances and holiday parties all along the road. With an average temperature of 64 degrees in the month of December, Santa Monica is an ideal place for warm winter vacations.
7) Tempe, Arizona: Situated between Phoenix and Scottsdale, the city of Tempe has its own concerts and exhibitions at the Tempe Center for the Arts which is a historic downtown that is full of local restaurants. It also comes with plenty of outdoor activities due to the warm weather prevailing all year round. The lively environment of this small city makes Tempe an ideal location for warm winter vacations.
8) San Diego, California: The winter season is the time for migration for the California grey whales. Hence one of the activities to indulge in at San Diego during this holiday time is whale watching. Not only is it a sight to behold, but it is also free. An extremely budget-friendly city, San Diego offers a wide range of accommodations that will suit your pocket without burning a hole in it. With temperature hovering around 65 degrees in December, San Diego is among the best warm vacation spots in the U.S. for the winters.
9) Charleston, South Carolina: Charleston is one of the best winter sun destinations with its pastel-hued French buildings, beautiful gardens, beaches and harbor. Go around the city on a romantic horse-drawn carriage, get to know the rich history of the city, and indulge in shopping and lunch at excellent restaurants for a brilliant experience. This coastal city has an average temperature of 60 degrees in the month of December making it an ideal place to escape from cold weather.
10) St. Petersburg, Florida: Even with a soaring 72 degrees in December, St. Petersburg is famous for its Snow Fest. Real snow, toboggans, and Santa ensure that winter fun is not missed out even in the hot weather, making it an ideal place for warm winter vacations.
11) Las Vegas, Nevada: What better place to celebrate the holidays other than the City of Lights, Las Vegas? Even though it is the season of holidays, Las Vegas is never asleep. Everything is always open here and you can have a great time in this city. With an average temperature of 57 degrees in December, Las Vegas makes for a fun-filled and brilliant warm winter getaway.
What are you waiting for? Pack your bags and get ready for a winter vacation away from the cold weather. Worried about hotel bookings and traveling? With Reservations.com by your side, you have nothing to worry. Everything will be taken care of within your budget range and according to all your needs.