Going for “Cheap Fun” in Indianapolis
Indianapolis can provide you a taste of country living that is marked by warm hospitality. If you are in for good and cheap fun, that is exactly what you are going to get it. Indy City is one of the favorite travel destinations by budget travelers. With the beauty of this town, spending your holiday here, regardless of where you are coming from, is certainly worth your dime. Explore the city and have the best of what it can offer without having to break the bank.
Savings Tip: “Budget hotels can be found a few miles from the airport. Such lodges are conveniently located since they are also near key area attractions.”
The locals of Indianapolis eat and live simply, Below are some tips to help you have an idea of good and cheap fun.
- Just a few miles from the airport, you will find strategically located budget hotels. They are in close proximity to primary area attractions. You can opt to stay at such lodges in order to save more dimes. Some of the top value Indianapolis lodges include the JW Marriott Indianapolis, the Hyatt Regency Indianapolis, and the Conrad Indianapolis. For more Indianapolis hotels to fit and budget visit Reservations.com.
- Stay away from downtown district if you do not wish to spend on gourmet foods. Instead, you can head off to Broad Ripple Village where you can run into cheap restaurants, ice cream parlors and steakhouses that can surely please your taste buds.
- Renting a vehicle is only practical if you wish to take a side trip to neighboring cities. Otherwise, you will do better with purchasing passes for just a few dollars that will grant you unlimited rides for a day in Indy Go, the operator of the town’s public bus.
- If you are the sporty type who is fond of racing, you should not miss Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The city is the home to NASCAR so you can assure that your blood will keep on running while the racers are revving up their engines. A tour to NCAA headquarters and to its Hall of Fame Museum will surely be a wonderful treat.
- Your family, especially the kids, can have their share of cheap fun by having a great time in free attractions such as the Indianapolis Zoo where they can see numerous animals and White River State Park. There are plenty of activities that they can do in these places. Check out the Urban Greenway afterward to do some shopping or treating your kids for some pizza or ice cream. Snag a deal at shopping centers such as Castleton Square Mall and you might end up having something for your folks back home.
Having a blast in Indianapolis does not have to cost your almighty dollar. If you do not have much money to burn, these tips can surely come in handy.